- Doctoral degree in Mathematics. Bielefeld University (Germany), 2006—2009.
- Engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Systems. Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Ecuador), 1999—2005.
- Professor of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Ecuador) since March 2017. Teaching responsibilities: Calculus, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Dynamical Systems.
- Invited Professor at the Faculty of Mathematics and Sciences, University of Koblenz-Landau (Germany) from October 2019 to March 2020 (Link). Teaching and research activities under the Master Program “Mathematical Modeling of Complex Systems”.
- Director and founder of the Center for Applied Dynamical Systems and Computational Methods (CADSCOM), Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Ecuador) since March 2017 (Link).
- Research Fellow at the Center for Dynamics (CFD), Dresden University of Technology (Germany) from May 2014 to February 2017 (Link). Collaboration with the Center for Advancing Electronics Dresden (CFAED) in the area of mathematical modelling of Chemical Information Processing Systems.
- Research Fellow at the Centre for Applied Dynamics Research (CADR), University of Aberdeen (United Kingdom) from May 2012 to April 2014 (Link). Contribution to these CADR research areas: Resonance Enhanced Drilling, Rotor Dynamics, Impacting Systems, Drill-String Vibrations. Organizer and chair of the CADR seminar series.
- Director of the postgraduate program in Mathematics, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Ecuador) from July 2009 to April 2012.
- Researcher and lecturer at the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Ecuador) from July 2009 to April 2012.
- Guest member of the Research Group for Numerical Analysis of Dynamical Systems, Bielefeld University (Germany) since 2009 (Link).
- Editorial Boards: PLOS ONE.
- Reviewer for Zentralblatt MATH; Mathematical Reviews; SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems; Physics Letters A; Physica D; Nonlinear Dynamics; Mathematical Problems in Engineering; Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences; Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering; Mathematical Biosciences; Journal of Sound and Vibration; Journal of Biological Physics; Journal of Biological Dynamics; International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos; Discontinuity, Nonlinearity and Complexity; Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation; Chaos, Solitons & Fractals; Applied Mathematical Modelling; Applied Mathematics and Computation; AIMS Mathematics; Advances in Difference Equations; Acta Biotheoretica.
- Project evaluator for the National Secretary of Higher Education, Science, Technology and Innovation, SENESCYT (Ecuador).
- Spanish (native).
- English (fluent).
- German (fluent).
- French (intermediate).